Farming the way nature intended.
We believe that content cattle produce healthier beef. With that in mind, we work hard to ensure that life is good for the livestock raised on our family farm.
Meadow Fed cattle are frequently moved to fresh pastures where they can eat some of the most mineral-rich, biodiverse grass available. They have access to sea salt, an all-natural mineral mix, and plenty of fresh drinking water.
Rest assured knowing that the locally grown beef you buy from Meadow Fed is going to be healthy and natural.
When ordering locally produced beef from our farm, you have the option to choose beef that is all grass-fed — from start to finish. Or, you can choose beef that has been grass-fed and then grain-finished.
- Orders for Meadow Fed Farms beef may be placed any time of the year. To guarantee availability, please order in early spring for fall delivery.
- A deposit of $100 for quarters, $200 for halves and $400 for whole beef is required at the time of ordering.
- We will contact you prior to delivery to go over in detail how you would like your beef cut and what size packaging you would like. The balance of your payment would be due at this time. When the beef has been cut, packaged and frozen, you may pick it up at the butcher.
- Live animal = 1,300 pounds
- Hanging weight after harvest: +/- 780 pounds (+/- 60%)
- The cost per pound is based on this weight.
- 30% steaks
- 30% roasts
- 30% hamburger
- 10% miscellaneous cuts